MultiLink™ Robot 300mm Single Arm Atmospheric Wafer Handling Robot
Kensington Laboratories’ 300mm single arm atmospheric wafer handling robot, part of the MultiLink™ robot family, is designed to meet the industry’s most rigorous 300mm performance standards. The MultiLink Single Arm robot incorporates a host of unique, proprietary design features which combine to provide unsurpassed reliability, superior performance, and high throughput. Kensington Laboratories, a leader in advanced robotics technology, is committed to developing and manufacturing the highest quality and most cost effective atmospheric robots in the industry – all backed by Kensington Laboratories’ global service and support network.
• Automated Self Teach™: The patented Automated Self Teach feature reduces time required to bring systems online and provides faster time to production ramp.
• High Throughput: Continuous rotation (i.e. no dead-zones) translates to short, discrete theta moves less than 180 degrees, which significantly increases throughput.
• Accurate Wafer Placement: High performance design provides precise motion control and eliminates structural deflection and creep. All robot axes are guided by preloaded bearings mounted on monolithic frames machined from single ingots of highly stable aircraft-quality aluminum.
• Cleanliness: Patented edge grip technology provides better than ISO Class 1 particle performance. In addition, the side-mounted MultiLink robot, combined with Kensington Laboratories’ side-mounted MultiLink robot track, maximizes the exhaust opening of the equipment front end module allowing uniform air flow from the fan filter unit through the perforated fab floor.
• High Reliability: The MultiLink robot achieves industry-leading MCBF
by employing direct-drive DC servo motors with real time force feedback and non-contacting glass scale encoders that monitor actual drive train output.
• Precise Wafer Mapping: High performance through-beam wafer mapping allows fast, accurate wafer detection.
• Zero Preventative Maintenance: Superior precision design requires no periodic lubrication or adjustments under standard operating conditions.
• Patented edge grip technology
• Patented Automated Self Teach
• Through-beam wafer mapping
• Advanced wafer cassette error detection
• Direct drive technology
• Continuous rotation
• State-of-the-art motion control
• Off center pick and place
• Machine tool quality construction
• High resolution optical encoders on all axes
• Reduced wear Z axis counter balance
• Robot Arm with Specimen Edge Gripping End Effector, 6256555
• Robot Arm with Specimen Sensing and Edge Gripping End Effector, 6275748
• Self-Teaching Robot Arm Position Method, 6360144
• Self-Teaching Robot Arm Position Method to Compensate for Support Structure Component Alignment Offset, 6366830
• 4th axis: supinator wafer flipper
• Vacuum end effectors (200mm and 300mm)
• Reflective mappers
• E-diagnostics with GUI